Artificial Immune Systems and Their ApplicationsDipankar Dasgupta, Editor.
Springer-Verlag, November 1998.
Artificial immune systems are highly distributed systems based on the principles of the natural system. This is a new and rapidly growing field offering powerful and robust information processing capabilities for solving complex problems. Like artificial neural networks, artificial immune systems can learn new information, recall previously learned information, and perform pattern recognition in a highly decentralized fashion.
This volume provides an overview of the immune system from the computational viewpoint. It discusses computational models of the immune system and their applications, and provides a wealth of insights on immunological memory and the effects of viruses in immune response. It will be of professional interest to scientists, academics, vaccine designers, and practitioners.
The book is also available in Russian version.
Table of Contents
- An Overview of Artificial Immune Systems and Their Applications. Dipankar Dasgupta.
- The endogenous double plasticity of the immune network and the inspiration to be drawn for engineering artifacts. Hugues Bersini.
- Artificial Immune Systems: Models & Simulations
- The Central and the Peripheral Immune Systems: What is the Relationship? John Stewart and Jorge Carneiro.
- Immunology Viewed as the Study of an Autonomous Decentralized System. Lee A Segel and Ruth Lev Bar-Or.
- Immune Network: An Example of Complex Adaptive Systems. Debashish Chowdhury.
- Immunological Memory is Associative. Derek J. Smith, Stephanie Forrest, Alan S. Perelson.
- Estimating and Predicting the numbers of free HIV and Different types of T cells by nonlinear Kalman Filter. Wai-Yuan Tan and Zhihua Xiang.
- Modeling the Effects of Prior Infection on Vaccine Efficacy. Derek J. Smith, Stephanie Forrest, David H. Ackley, and Alan S. Perelson.
- Artificial Immune Systems: Applications
- Jisys: The development of an Artificial Immune System for real world applications. John Hunt, Jon Timmis, Denise Cooke, Mark Neal and Clive King.
- Decentralized Behavior Arbitration Mechanism for Autonomous Mobile Robot Using Immune Network. Yuji Watanabe, Akio Ishiguro and Yoshiki Uchikawa.
- Parallel Search for Multi-Modal Function Optimization with Diversity and Learning of Immune Algorithm. Toyoo Fukuda, Kazuyuki Mori and Makoto Tsukiyama.
- Immunized Adaptive Critic for an Autonomous Aircraft Control Application. K. Krishna Kumar and J. Neidhoefer.
- Blueprint for a Computer Immune System. Jeff Kephart, Gregory B. Sorkin, M. Swimmer, and R. White.
- An Anomaly Detection Algorithm Inspired by the Immune System. Dipankar Dasgupta and Stephanie Forrest.
- Immunity Based Management System for a Semiconductor Production Line. Toyoo Fukuda, Kazuyuki Mori and Makoto Tsukiyama